When most women talk about stress they are usually referring to an emotional stress or tension. And what constitutes as tormenting stress to one may be a cake walk for someone else! (who are those women?) Either way, any ‘stressor’ can trigger the body’s automatic stress-response system. Now you’re going to welcome in illness, such as a common cold, a heart attack or even cancer.
Ain’t nobody got time for that!
TIPS FOR EATING DURING STRESS
- Don’t forget breakfast!! If you are running on empty, stress will be much harder to manage
- Slow down! Eating quickly can cause digestive problems, which will only make things more stressful
- Don’t diet! (It’s about time someone said that!) Changing your eating habits can be stressful even during the good days!
- Pass on the cocktail and caffeine! They will affect your mood and sleep patterns.
- Listen to your body! Avoid foods that cause discomfort and get plenty of sleep at night.
Good nutrition is extremely important during those bouts of stress. Your food will provide energy, vitamins and minerals for dealing with stress and help to attack any negative nellies that are zeroing in on your immune system.
Take a hike! No seriously….get outside. Go for a walk and take some deep breaths. Look up at the clouds and remind yourself of the important things in life….and count your blessings! Be grateful for waking up! Can’t park up close to the store? Thank God you have two good legs and can probably use the extra steps to burn some calories.
When you see what you DO have, you’ll have a stronger sense of peace and that stress will begin to disappear….