A few of my friends on Facebook……you know who you are……….have started running. And if I weren’t so RIDICULOUSLY competitive, I would have let it go.
There is no possible way I could read about their progress without thinking about my … laziness. “For crying out loud!” my brain screamed.. “You live in the most beautiful city, with the most beautiful weather….no job, kids all grown…”
OK. OK! OKAY!!!!!
So…I got out and ran. And by the way, no, those are NOT my legs in the picture. Mine are shorter and slower.
Here are a few of my running rules:
- I do not like to run with a partner
- I do not like to talk while running because I am listening to my wheeze and my faint heart beat
- I will not move out of your way because I could fall and die
- If it sounds like a scary old man is running behind you, it is probably me
- I never stop for potty breaks
- I turn beet red when I run because I am a non-sweater..er
I’ve have raced in a marathon in Paris, done countless half-marathons and the local 10 and 5K’s, but it’s has been a long time since these old legs were moving at a faster- than – walking speed.
So. Thank you, Facebook friends for dragging my buns off the couch and back out into the streets. But I swear, if I break a hip, I’m coming after you………slowly, but definitely coming after you…