I freakingLOVE those tips that make me wonder if I lived under a rock all these years!
These were gathered from some old Farmers Almanac publications. Let’s jump in….
- Before peeling an orange or juicing a lemon or lime, grate the peel (zest) into a small container and freeze for later use
- Stale bread? Cut into 1 inch cubes to make croutons. Toss with seasonings and oil and bake in a 325 degree oven until crisp
- OR use Chex cereal instead of croutons on salads
- Add a pinch of baking powder when mashing potatoes to make them fluffier.
- Mix in broken chips in the bottom of a nearly empty potato chip bag with bread crumbs to coat chicken and fish
- Substitute club soda for milk in pancakes to make them lighter and fluffier
- When slow cooking pinto beans, add a carrot. When the beans…
View original post 317 more words