MIGRAINES……ugh. Just the word sends me into a tizzy!!
If you have them, you know that there are certain foods that trigger those horrible headaches. You know, so now let’s look at the flip side.
THIS is a list of foods that have high levels of nutrients such as, riboflavin, magnesium, and omega-3 fats, so we can knock out those nasty migraines!
- apples (green and yellow, not red)
- pears (brown and green only, not red)
- artichoke (fresh, not canned)
- beans, starchy (black cannellini, garbanzo, kidney and white)
- bell peppers
- broccoli raab
- brussel sprouts
- dark leafy greens
- squash, summer
- squash, winter (acorn and butternut)
- fresh beef (organic, grass fed lean cuts)
- fresh chicken (organic, free range)
- eggs (organic, free range)
- fresh turkey (organic, free range)
NUTS AND SEEDS
- chia seeds
- pumpkin seeds (raw)
- sunflower seeds (raw)
- cereal, whole grain
- bread, whole grain
- crackers, whole grain (no MSG)
- pasta, whole grain
- popcorn, air-pooped
- rice, brown and wild
Some of these foods might be a trigger for YOU. Keep a food diary and try a one month long elimination diet by eating foods from this list. Slowly introduce potential trigger foods one at a time so you can determine which foods to avoid.