Well, let’s see….I’ve been breathing for almost 54 years now, so I think I’ve got it down now.
Did you know that breathing is a very successful stress management tool? Of course you did, but there might be a few new things that I can tell you, so hold your breath…..wait, don’t.
When you are under pressure and dealing with a lot of stress, your breath is fast, short and shallow. However, when your are in a peaceful and relaxed state, you naturally take deeper, slower and longer breaths.
- Sit in a chair with your back straight, yet not rigid.
- Relax your shoulders and place your palms on either side of your abdomen.
- Inhale slowly through your nose, causing your abdomen to expand, then your middle, and finally the chest.
- When exhaling, contract your abdomen first, then your middle and then the chest. Exhale out your mouth as if your were blowing out a candle.
- Repeat two or three times.
- Breathing is essential for the integrity of the brain, nerves, glands and internal organs
- We can go without food for weeks and without water for days, but without oxygen, we will die within a few minutes
- When the brain does not gets proper supply of this essential nutrient, it will result in the degradation of all vital organs in the body
- The brain requires more oxygen than any other organ
So stop taking your breath for granted! Do it right! Like a boss!!
And most of all…………..try a tic-tac….