“Pretty is as pretty does”, is something my grandmother used to say. We all know that we don’t need makeup to be beautiful……….however…
Come on. It does help cover up some .. well, imperfections.
A couple of things to consider when you are trying out some new products…
- Don’t use foundation to change your skin color! The goal is to enhance not alter.
- When it comes to cleansing – think gentle! Pain and cleanliness have nothing to do with each other.
- Rinse, rinse, rinse. Remember that water is only gentle when it’s tepid.
- A 3% hydrogen peroxide solution is a great disinfectant for blemishes, causing minimal to no irritation to the skin.
- Please. There is NO such thing as a safe tan. Put on your sunscreen.
- Ok, sunburned? A bottle of vinegar added to a warm bath will soothe your skin and make it feel extra soft.
- Exfoliate at least twice a week. This will get blood flowing into the face. Try baking soda for a gentle scrub.
- Sensitive skin? Use a Pepto Bismol mask! Apply straight from the bottle with a cotton swab or cotton ball. Let dry and rinse with cool water.
- Don’t over moisturize. You may not need it all over your face. Concentrate on the drier areas.
- Massage leftover hair conditioner into your cuticles.
Honor God with the body He gave you! When you look your best you can bring honor to God.