Don’t you just love beauty secrets? I can’t hear you, but I’m just sure you nodded.
Let’s just get right to them. Some may be new and some you may already know….but please, ladies….SHARE these with a friend or enemy. It’s time to brighten up this planet and I’m ready to do it, one girl at a time…..
Let’s start in the kitchen: (don’t forget to test these concoctions on the inside of your arm or better yet, on a friend first, to test for a reaction)
- AVOCADOS…mash a ripe avocado and gently dab on undereye puffiness and dark circles. Place a cold damp washcloth over eyes for about 15 minutes. Rinse off. You are moisturizing and de-puffing at the same time.
- CHERRIES…mix a couple of tablespoons of cherry juice with one tablespoon of sea salt. Massage over dame skin and then rinse. This is your glowing treatment!
- EGGS… add an egg to your shampoo to produce volume and add shine! (no, don’t add to the bottle…place in your hand)
- MILK…add dry milk powder to water to make a paste. Massage gently onto face and then rinse. This will make the skin silky smooth, as the milk’s lactic acid takes away dirt and debris.
- YOGURT…mix one teaspoon of yogurt with 1/2 teaspoon of dry oatmeal. Massage into lips, rinse and then apply a little olive oil.
NEED A SKIN SOFTENER? Brew about 10 ginseng tea bags in a large teapot. Pour into bath. Ginseng helps soften, tone and refine skin.
GOT A TUBE OF BROKEN LIPSTICK? Heat it with a hair dryer, then reattach the broken piece and place it overnight in the refrigerator.
NEED A BELT? No problemo, just use a scarf in contrasting or matching colors.
WRONG COLOR LIPSTICK? Just mix your own colors by dipping a lip brush into your lipstick tubes. Mix the colors on wax paper until you get the color you want.
WANT A GREAT FACIAL CLEANSER? Mix two tablespoons of baking soda with just enough water to make a paste. Smooth over damp skin and rinse with warm water.
GOT REDNESS? Milk and yogurt applied to the skin will help to reduce the redness.
Some of the cheapest cures and treatments can be the quickest and most effective! Remember to exercise (without makeup, please!) Get at least eight hours of beauty sleep, so your skin can repair itself and drink plenty of water. It’s also a good idea to place a humidifier in your bedroom to keep your skin hydrated while you sleep. And finally, when it comes to grocery shopping, read your labels!!! Shop the perimeter of the store (where the fresh food hangs out) and smile, smile, SMILE!!