It’s almost a NEW YEAR!!!! I have a feeling that 2012 is going to be one that is remembered for a loooong time! I don’t know why, but I think it’s going to be a good one….(I’ll let you know when things change)…
So….what does this mean? It means that it’s time to think about burning some calories!! I have found some different………..yes, VERY different ways to burn 100 calories and shrink that muffin top!!!
Let’s take a look, shall we?
1. Twirl 123 times in your office chair
2. Do 780 jumping jacks
3. Slather on lip balm 765 times
4. Swing a lasso over your head 375 times
5. Play chopsticks on the piano incessantly for 41 minutes
6. Shear 3 sheep….6 minutes per sheep
7. Wiggle while you watch tv for 40 minutes; fidgeters can burn almost 350 calories than couch potatoes
8. Polka for real for 23 minutes
9. Indulge in your inner dork and do 27 underwater handstands
10. Let a Great Dane walk you for 13 minutes, at 5 mph
11. Chew calorie free gum for 9 hours
12. Lift and lower a soy sauce bottle 170 times with your right hand, and 170 times with your left hand
13. Play Twister for an hour and 8 minutes
14. Kick off your Sunday shoes and dance to the first four songs of the “Footloose” soundtrack
15. Spend 53 minutes learning the French alphabet
See? There are many, many ways to burn those calories! But FIRST, ya gotta get off the couch!!!!
Sources: ACE Fitness Matters, American Council on Exercise, American Fitness, caloriesperhour.com, Diabetes Care, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Health, International Journal of Obesity, Journal of Health, The Journal of Sex Research, Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, Obesity, The Ohio State University, Oxford Polytechnic, Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, Science, Shakaihoken Kobe Central Hospital in Japan, WomensHealth Magazine.