If you are a woman, then at some point in your lifetime you have wanted to look beautiful. Who doesn’t? AND on the other hand, who doesn’t love a bargain? AND who doesn’t want to look gorgeous without spending a lot of time or money in the process? (ok, put your hands down)
Every woman loves a “beauty secret”, and we all want to be told we are beautiful. But trying to find a more natural product for your skin can be quite misleading. Don’t assume that the word “natural” contains ONLY safe ingredients! As it turns out, there are no industry standards demanding that natural products contain ALL natural ingredients. Some natural ingredients may be added to SYNTHETIC products and can still be labeled natural!
You have to become a label detective. For example, most of you know that the ingredients are listed in order of the total percentage they make up of the product, with the highest percentage first.
For example: APRICOT CREAM Ingredients: Natural or organic ingredients include:
Water, Isopropyl palmitate, apricot kernel oil, BIS-diglyceryl caprylate/caprate/isosterate/sterate/hydroxstearate adipate, Glycerly sterate SE, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Ceteareth-12, Tocopherol oil, Chamomile extract, Sage extract, Linden extract, Balm mint extract, Shea butter, Wheat germ oil, Carrot oil, Cetyl alcohol, Sodium hydroxide, Sorbic acid, Tocopherol acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinly urea, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow No. 5, D&C Red No. 33.
The content of Apricot Oil in this item is 2.5% out of 100%. (from Beauty by God, Shelly Ballestero)
So you see that you need to learn to read labels! The Garden of Eden contained all the necessary ingredients to be beautiful, but we all know how that turned out. However, we ALL need to take responsibility for our planet and for ourselves.
Imagine NOT having chemicals in our cleansers, moisturizers and makeup. It’s not always easy but it can be done. Remember to look for the words “USDA Organic” and the seal of certification if you want to use products from a store. They ARE out there.
In the next couple of posts, I will give some recipes for some beauty products/recipes from your own kitchen. We will be using yogurt, essential oils, honey, eggs and all sorts of “real” items! You don’t have to spend a lot of money to look like you have. There are some great shortcuts and I’ll share them with you! Stay tuned!!
In the meantime, chew on this…….
- 4 pounds: Average amount of lipstick a woman will ingest over her lifetime.
- 11: Percentage of the 10,500 ingredients used in personal-care products that the U.S. government has documented and publicly assessed for safety.
- 1,110+: The number of ingredients banned in cosmetics in the European Union.
- 10: The number of ingredients banned in cosmetics in the United States.
- 600: The number of companies that have signed the Compact for Safe Cosmetics.
- 33: Percentage of personal-care products that contain at least one chemical linked to cancer.
- 22: Percentage of cosmetics contaminated with possible cancer-causing impurity 1,4-dioxane.
- $160 billion: Amount spent annually on skin- and hair-care, makeup, cosmetic surgery, fragrances, health clubs, and diet products.